Infection Control Audit Tools Fully updated for 2016
Infection Control Audit Technology – ICAT
ICAT (Infection Control Audit Technology) is a user-friendly and cost-effective audit tool for healthcare facilities, covering legislation and best practices for infection prevention and control.
This online infection prevention and control audit tool covers comprehensive reviews of all elements of healthcare facility operations, and is designed to ensure all staff comply with the latest legislation and best practices. Qualified infection prevention and control experts continuously review the tools and methods used in ICAT to provide up-to-date service.
ICAT is therefore ideal for organisations with multiple facilities.
The areas covered by the IPS Audit Facility include:
Clinical services | Education | Hand hygiene | Surveillance | Cleaning | Catering services | Laundry services | Preventative maintenance | Staff immunisations and vaccinations | Sharps management | Waste management | Outbreak management isolation | Transmission-based precautions.
Once the infection control audit is complete, you will be provided with a comprehensive report detailing the findings and recommendations for improvement.
Management will have access to the facility reports, as well as a summary of non-compliance and corrective actions. These summaries will also show combined scores by location, and individualised suggestions for facilities that need manuals, staff training or other tools.
If your facility needs further advice or help with infection prevention and control, we offer a range of services to meet almost any form of infection control work. This can include the provision of an on-site specialist nursing resource, strategic level consultancy work, education and seminars, policy and procedure development, refurbishment expertise and governance structure implementation.
Benefits and Details
- Rapid set-up and easy to use
- Cost efficient
- Extensive library of audit templates
- All questions & templates written by experts in their field
- Specialist templates for all sectors
- Cleaning audits
- Web or tablet PC based
- Governance reporting to keep your audit programme on track
- On line reports available by location or organisation-wide comparisons.
- Managed service with full technical & clinical support
- Visibility of your audit programme
- Evidence of an infection prevention & control programme
- Fully updated for 2015 in line with Code of Practice 2015
- Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014
- CQC Fundamental Standards
- A safer environment for service users, staff & visitors
- Reduce & manage HCAI
- Awareness & risk mitigation
- Help prioritise needs such as training & cleaning services
- Reports available on line, no technical skills needed
- Workflow rules guide you through the process
- No set up needed for your computers
- Web based
- Full instructions provided
- We manage your access, all you need to do is log-on and start using it
- Fully supported
- All reports can be output to your ‘office’ software
Ready to find out more? Get in touch or request a callback
020 8906 2777
Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm,
Calls may be recorded and may be monitored.
Request a call back
landlines and mobiles.