As part of CQC 5 Key lines of Enquiry all dental practices both NHS and Private, are required to provide a safe, clean environment and the appropriate decontamination for dental equipment, with a strong emphasis being placed on effective management and self-audit. To assist in this process Health Technical Memorandum (HTM) 01-05 Decontamination in primary care dental practices (2009) was published as a guide for dental practice staff conducting decontamination at a local level i.e. within their own dental practice. It provides guidance on the requirement to work towards achievement of clearly defined Essential Quality Requirements with additional progress being required to meet Best Practice status.The aims and objections of HTM 01/05 are:
- Recognition of the difference between cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation.
- Implementation of Practice procedures and policies.
- Understanding of maintenance, testing, storage and disposal.
- Understanding the importance of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Operating safely and practically within the law and the British Dental Association guidelines.
- Recognition and minimisation of cross-infection.
Our products - both manuals and audits, fulfil the requirements for the Code of Practice 2015 for the prevention and control of infections 2015 criterion 9 – (Essential standards) and Regulation 12 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and the Health Technical Memorandum (HTM) 01-05 Decontamination in primary care dental practices (2009) Essential Quality Requirements.
Please call one of the team if you require more information on 0208 906 2777