Infection Prevention and Control remains a very high priority for providers and commissioners of health and social care, within the wider patient safety agenda. The specialty however faces new and growing challenges. Recent years have seen a reduction in the number of qualified specialist nurses with some retiring and others moving into other quality and safety roles.
Meanwhile the growing threat posed by bacteria resistant to antibiotics is now high on the national risk consciousness.
Infection Prevention Solutions was formed in ???? to provide IP&C expertise to client organisations.
This has included smaller organisations, both health and social care, who require regular and ongoing support to fulfil regulatory requirements of CQC. In addition IPS specialists have supported organisations in turn around projects to reduce incidence of Health Care Associated infections and/or to develop an IPC service within an organisation to hand over to substantive staff.
- Acute NHS Trusts
- Independent sector hospitals and hospices
- NHS and independent sector clinic services providers
- Mental Health NHS and independent sector providers
- NHS Community Trusts and social enterprises
- Care Home organisations, including residential, and nursing care provision and personal care agencies
- NHS Ambulance Trust
- Independent sector ambulance and transport providers
- Commissioners of health and social care which has included PCTs, CCGs and Local Authorities/
- Health Protection within HPA/PHE